Skills: UX design, UI design, Graphic Design, Digital Video, Print Design, Responsive Web Design, Mobile Design, Project Management, and Teaching
B.A., Art - 1990
(emphasis in Graphic Design)
University of Texas, Austin
M.F.A., Computer Graphics - 1994
(emphasis in Interactive Media)
Pratt Institute, New York
4/2016 - Present
Teach the following classes.
Project managed and built online textbooks in an Agile environment.
• Designed creative for digital marketing campaigns from concept through delivery of final design files. Examples of assets include emails, mobile, tablet and desktop landing pages, web banners and social media ads.
• Adhere to corporate branding standards in all visual expressions of the KGM brand.
• Support product launches with digital exposure.
• Designed creative for Keurig’s partners which included Campbell’s and Kohl’s.
• Design user interfaces for school district responsive websites and app.
• Convert business requirements into user-centered design solutions.
• Design brand elements, including logos, icons and developed brand standard guidelines documentation for district.
• Design and code responsive email campaigns and blasts to distribute district news and emergency communication using MyEmma.
• Work with Chief Communication Officer, Superintendent and other Administration management to determine project requirements and content.
• Present designs for review to Administration stakeholders and integrated feedback into final products.
• Teach Web development class to supplement existing high school program.
• Managed outside vendors, including film editor and videographer, for video projects.
• Duncanville ISD mobile app (primary communication tool for parent/teacher community)
• Duncanville ISD style guide (used for print, Web and other communications)
• Duncanville ISD responsive email templates and standards (developed standards, based on brand guidelines, for all district email communication)
6/2011 – 4/2015
• Teach professional in-person and online courses in Web design, Web development and Graphic Design (Portfolio) for SMU CAPE (Continuing And Professional Education)
• Develop curriculum and standards for new courses, including software and technology courses (Dreamweaver, HTML5, CSS3)
Adjunct Professor (part-time)
8/2000 – 12/2014
Texas A&M - Commerce
• Taught the following classes.
Thomas Nelson Life Events
• Managed and developed several corporate Web sites, including social networking site using various Web tools and technologies (HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Fireworks, Ning and WordPress).
• Designed and developed graphic assets and other media for Web sites.
• Designed user interfaces and user interaction to support corporate Web sites.
• Designed and coded HTML email campaigns and blasts using Lyris.
• Designed promotional media, including banner ads, for Web campaigns.
• Holiday catalog (including gathering requirements and managing project – including outside design staff)
• Facebook campaigns (developed interactive promotions and events for Facebook)
• Connections social networking site (managed project, gathered requirements, developed content strategy, developed graphic assets, managed copywriter and implemented final product)
TM Advertising (Temerlin McClain)
• Worked with Creative Directors and Art Directors to design and develop interactive media to support client work including projects for American Airlines, Nationwide, Texas Tourism, Discover and SuperPages.
• Designed and created flash interactive and display banners and other promotional media using Adobe Creative Suite (Flash) and ActionScripting.
• Designed and created video banners for SuperPages using Adobe After Effects.
Adjunct Professor (part-time)
8/1999 – 12/2012
• Taught the following courses:
Web Designer / Webmaster
8/2006 – 2/2008
• Gathered requirements from Torchmark stakeholders for user interface and interaction design, information architecture, usability and feature development.
• Researched and developed user personas to aid in strategy and development of sites and interactive media.
• Developed wireframes and site flows to provide to developers.
• Designed user interfaces for marketing, promotions, recruiting and agent promotions.
• Worked closely with developers to implement features and strategy.
• Utilized Google Analytics for site metrics and reporting.
• Torchmark interactive sales CD (mapped experience and designed self-service sales promotion site that agents could launch from CD to assist in selling customers)
• United American branch corporate web site (created personas, wireframes, designed and co-developed)
Multimedia Communications Specialist
8/2005 – 8/2006
BCBS South Carolina / Trailblazer Health
• Designed and developed interactive training modules for Customer Service and Medicare-related topics.
• Managed outside vendors, including photographers, copywriters and printers.
• Worked with VP Communications to develop print and interactive materials.
• Trailblazer Annual Report (designed and managed outside vendors – won Silver Quill Award in addition to coming $10k under budget)
Senior Graphic Designer / Webmaster
5/2004 – 8/2005
Property Automation Software
• Redesigned and developed corporate Web site utilizing Web standards including planning, design and development.
• Created UX products to support development, including wireframes and navigation.
• Managed SEO and managed content for improved ranking.
• Worked with offshore development team on development activity.
• Reviewed and tested Web site for browser compatibility and other issues.
• Property Automation corporate Web site
• Designed icons for Tenant Pro 7 software application
Senior Multimedia Designer
8/2001 – 5/2004
Success Partners (formerly Video Plus)
Lake Dallas, Texas
Senior Web Designer
8/1999 – 8/2001
Graphics Project Manager
7/1998 – 8/1999
GTE Technology Solutions Center
Senior Web Designer
7/1996 – 7/1998